Tuesday 6 January 2009

Just Bring It

I has been busy :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Scwnsgij0oo
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SaML4KLkyd0
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NfuVYjKNMxM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uo_zjARE5bk

So now its all about game mechanics and UV mapping, (texturing).

Game Mechanics:

Mind
Focus
Wisdom

Body
Agility
Precision

Spirit
Essence
Balance

The game mechanics will work like this.

For instance, punched in the shoulder, the first time it hurts a little (Body). Hit in the same place, the arm goes dead, (body). The (mind) cant focus on just fighting the opponent as the body is hurt trying to defend itself (mind/spirit) and attacking at the same time. The shoulder gets hit a few more times, now the arm/shoulder is broken, the (body) is damaged, the (mind) is split and the (spirit) is broken.

So three different attributes split. As the body takes damage the health bar (for the purpose and ease of talking about it) goes down, but regenerates over time. The Mind and spirit much the same. The spirit suffers when it is overwhelmed. My plan is to build modifiers around the attributes in bold. It is a more in depth game mechanic but has it rewards.

My problem is dealing with death. Do I only take it as far as incapacitated only and the avatar can never die? Hmm, something to think about.

If I am boring you, well, erm...
Your sarcasm is not welcome here ..... Move Along :)

5 comments:

Harri Conde said...

So someone will use a log-on, like World of Warcraft?

I think there should be a time-out, where the character regenerates but you can't use it for, like, 1 hour. Use a different character

Mellacot said...

Login - Kind of. I have not thought in great detail how it would work and how much detail. It would be nice to get a single avatar working in virtual space and go from there.

I was kind of thinking when the character is "broken/damaged" he would go and heal in a medical bay somewhere. Players will be incapicitated not dead. A show of respect. I dont like the whole "your dead I win syndrome" of most games. Something a little different me thinks :)

Harri Conde said...

Woop yeah!

Mellacot said...

In time my friend, in time :)

You can plant a peach, nourish and help it grow. But it will always be a peach............

Harri Conde said...

crazy mofo